TK: Support for light-enabled (normal-mapped) tilesets
See Sprite Illuminator tool for examples of light-enabled sprites: https://www.codeandweb.com/spriteilluminator
First task is to test if there's any reason why this wouldn't work.
- If it doesn't work: fix it.
- If it doesn't work automatically, provide API to make working with normal-mapped tilesets easier.
- And possibly other improvements that make sense and are easy to add, for instance placing light sources in Tiled. These tasks need to be determined.
Estimation: 2-4 days, depending on extra tasks.
Response from the site administrator
Normal map support is working for:
- Cocos2D: "collection of images" tilesets with normal and tileset images in the same texture atlas
- SpriteKit: "collection of images" tilesets without texture atlas (not recommended)
Due to a severe bug in SpriteKit (normal textures do not work if they are in a SKTextureAtlas) I put this task on hold. It's useful and working for Cocos2D users who create their own texture atlases. SpriteKit users will likely see a huge performance penalty due to the texture atlas bug.
See here for more info:
I'll be happy to work with Cocos2D devs to improve on the current lighting/normal support if there is any need.
Leave a comment