Is TilemapKit source code too costly for you? If so, please vote on this idea!
Binary frameworks with precompiled code could be offered for a lower cost. The price range would be $20-$35.
=== Possibly Omitted Features ===
There are several things that could be omitted in the binary frameworks to keep the source code versions more enticing.
- Framework could support only specific map types - ie 3 editions available, each only supports either Ortho, Iso, or Hex maps - you would purchase only one map type, or pay double and get all 3 map types.
- Framework could be built in Debug configuration - ie compiler optimized code would be limited to source code editions (performance would roughly be 1-15% less)
- Framework could exclude the GameplayKit features (graph creation)
If you have a strong preference or additional suggestions, please leave a comment, thank you!
--- Notes ---
- Any binary framework for Cocos2D would have a specific version of the cocos2d source code already built into it. Meaning: you would not be able to modify or debug Cocos2D code when using TilemapKit.framework.
- This task does *not* include / extend to a Cocos2D-X binary framework.
=== Vote Goal ===
Once this task reaches 100 votes the binary builds will be released within 2 weeks.
Share the link to speed things up! ;)